Monday, December 12, 2011

Sleep is the New Sex

Sorry for not including an image in this post. I doubt my husband would be game for posing.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the lack of new material here on Married With Toddlers.  Even though I have been busy writing for other outlets, I still plan to blog regularly on this platform.
Currently I am writing an article on livening up a couple’s sex life after the “miracle of birth”.  While researching facts for the piece I came across some interesting statistics that I thought many of you would appreciate. 
Research conducted by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago:
  • The average married couple (with or without children) has sex a little over once a week (68.5 times a year).   
  •  Couples who have sex less than 10/year are considered to be in a “no sex/low sex” relationship.  About 20% of couples report being in this category.
According to Dr. Barry McCarthy:
  •  Couples that are happy with sex life rate sex as only 15% of their overall martial happiness.   
  •  Couples where at least one partner is sexually unsatisfied report sex life to make up 85% of their overall marital happiness. 
A survey of 500 women by Prima Magazine found:
  • The average childless couple has sex 10/month.
  • The average pregnant couple has sex 5/month.
  • The average couple has sex 4/month after the baby is born.
Depressed yet?

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think our sexual behavior is a little harder to... monitor. I mean, we have hot streaks and cold streaks. We'll have sex every day for a week and a half, and then sometimes we'll realize that we haven't had sex in six weeks without any sort of comment.

    But I think neither of us is exactly unsatisfied. And I'd definitely point out that not all sex is GOOD sex. I think a better metric would be the number of orgasms achieved in each year. :)

    ReplyDelete