Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Top 10 New Year's Parenting Resolutions

Last year I made a considerable New Year's resolution -- to stop judging other parents. It was a good goal, and for the most part I succeeded in curbing this ugly behavior. This year I didn't have a large objective. Since I have made the decision to embrace my non-perfect parenting, there were no extensive ways I wanted to change my mothering skills. So, over the past week I have been reflecting on small, minor changes that I could easily implement to make my life as a mom more rewarding and less exasperating.
  1. I resolve to force my toddler to wear a coat when the thermometer reads 50 degrees or below.  Even though I have resolved not to judge other's parenting, most of the moms at the playground did not.  And, I am a bit tired of receiving judgmental stares whenever Maisy climbs up the play-structure dressed in her favorite purple Hello Kitty t-shirt when all the other kids are sporting hats and mittens.  
  2.  
    Read the rest here: Top Ten Parenting New Year's Resolutions

No comments:

Post a Comment